Friday, September 16, 2011


Happened to pass Cathedral School as the students practiced a fire drill; I was impressed with how quietly they executed this. I remember that as an elementary student we were quite a loud bunch as we got an unexpected classroom break . . . The idea of making English Pennsylvania's official language has reared its head again in our legislature; I suppose mine is an unpopular opinion but I have advocated such a law for fifty years . . . The mayor wants to raise some parking fees; I cannot complain about the raise in residential parking permits (we old men get ours for free) but I do believe that a hike in our already salty meter fees is a mistake . . . Bob and I spent the early evening attending JJ's first soccer game. It certainly was America suburbia at its best and the kid scored a goal. We were very proud of his effort. The air was nippy with a promise of fall on the horizon . . . And another sign of the season is this cute fellow in the front garden of a house in the 200 block of Emerald Street . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment