Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Okay, okay, folks, I got your messages loud and clear so today I placed an order for the cranberry tea and the cranberry soap. Both come from Maine and should be here by the end of next week. I had forgotten that these are holiday stocking stuffer staples. Many mea culpas! (Is that spelled right?) . . . And let me remind everyone that I still have a few copies of Odin Rathnam's CD The Four Seasons. $15. Another good stuffer . . . I also have to apologize to Bob for doubting that he saw a deer roaming his neighborhood earlier this week. He wasn't the only one it seems. Everyone was doubting his own eyesight and looking for confirmation from others on the street . . . Got a solicitation in the mail today asking if The Bare Wall would be interested in some program advertising. We get a lot of those throughout the year but haven't the resources to follow through; this one, however, was really intriguing. It came from the Harrisburg Harp Orchestra which is playing two concerts at the Whittaker Center on Sunday, Nov. 28. According to their promo this is their seventh season and they are one of the largest such organizations in the nation. I had never heard of them I am sorry to say and I do try to keep up with the local arts scene. Just cannot imagine what 48 harps in concert must sound like. Unfortunately the store will be open during those performances so I will not be able to attend but I hope to hear from someone who does. I find the whole idea fascinating. Maybe someone will post some of the performance on YouTube . . . I voted today and was the 181st to do so at our polling place; usually I am 65th or so. I posted this fact on FaceBook and got responses from Joe Kershner in York and Michael Billo in the suburbs who experienced the same thing. So happy to see so many making the effort though I doubt that my candidates will win. I fear this election may create more problems than it solves and that we will have two more years of wrangling . . . And I still do not understand what is wrong with health care for everyone . . . (Please note that yesterday's post now contains a comment from a reader.) . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment