Wednesday, November 18, 2009


Victoria Zellers back from St. Thomas; was tempted to post her picture with a colorful Caribbean cocktail but decided to be a gentleman . . . You will remember my dismay at the loss of trees on Briggs Street a few weeks ago. Well, Chris Lingus has informed me that his family has replaced the diseased one they had removed. "October Glory" the new one is called . . . Bob was amused by my post yesterday. He recalls that when "we became rich enough to afford the plastic ones" he and his brothers burned down the old cardboard Christmas village (outside, I hope). It took all of 37 seconds, Bob said. Now, he says, those old glittered houses from the fifties go for $20 to $30 apiece at public auctions . . . talked to my sister by phone a bit later and mentioned the fact. "Those old things," she said. "There's still a big box of them in the cellar." Guess she could retire from Wal-Mart if she could find the right buyer . . . Today's photo is a collection of Bill Campbell pottery. Sorry I forgot to remove the price stickers before making this snap . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment