Wednesday, November 25, 2009


THE HOUSE TOUR TICKETS ARRIVED LATE THIS AFTERNOON . . . Had a nice visit with Terry Robinson; we hadn't seen him for some time . . . My age is showing but I was sad to learn via the Pat-News that today's young people use Thanksgiving Eve as an excuse to get blitzed and that bars encourage them to "drink up." Maybe I am just an old-fashioned romantic, but I think of this as a time for quiet conversation with family and close friends: soft music, flickering candles, cider and gingerbread, and tantalizing aromas wafting from the kitchen with the promise of a tasty meal on the morrow. And I always envied those with a fireplace filled with crackling logs. How lonely one must be to opt for raucous music and getting blotto at such a time. I bet they are great company on the big day . . . The tile clock on an easel is one of six designs (we have one of each) for $28 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment