Friday, November 6, 2009

Our holiday shipment of Bennington soy aromatheraphy jar candles arrived today. Price is still $14.50 and there are 24 blends that burn up to 70 hours. If you have a favorite, call or e-mail us to reserve yours . . . Dr. Coldren remembers Goldsmith Furniture for its exceptional customer service and asked if I also recalled the now-departed Earley's of Carlisle (I didn't). However this talk did awaken memories of the unfortunately named Burns Furniture which was just off the square on South Second. It was destroyed by fire one night and the flames were so hot they reportedly set off sprinklers in the motel across the street. How's that for your "wake-up" call, Madam? . . . Forgot to mention that I had fifteen seconds of fame in the October 9th issue of the Central Penn Business Journal. Nothing worth researching, but there was a picture of The Bare Wall sign just over my shoulder . . . A lot of you were amused by my fascination with the Susan Boyle saga. (She is the Scots singer who became a YouTube sensation when she appeared on Britain's Got Talent.) Well, I won't say that I get the last laugh, but I am happy to report that her debut CD is due later this month and it has become the biggest pre-ordered item in the history of Amazon.com . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment