Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy birthday to my sister in Everett . . . A mostly gloomy day. Ignored business and did things I enjoy (much to the amusement of my friends). . . Put out a new jigsaw puzzle . . . Learned about chicken farming in Wales. They have an "animal rescue" operation of sorts. When caged layers are no longer productive they are not slaughtered; rather they are given to farmers and villagers where they can happily "free range" for the rest of their lives. Do we have such a program here? . . . then on to Scotland where I learned there are fall-bearing raspberries; that was news to me . . . watched some train videos; the Swiss ones are scenic but I like the British ones best with their visits to quaint villages and English Heritage and National Trust sites. (But it isn't a real train if it doesn't "smoke" according to JJ.) . . . Bob scores a 'ten' for his pumpkin pie . . . the clock offered in yesterday's post has been sold . . . the Steelers lost again!

No comments:

Post a Comment