Monday, September 20, 2010

Called the police department and added my voice to others in the neighborhood complaining about the slow response time to last night's incident. I am still uncertain about just what happened other than the screams and yelling which was heard over a block away. My neighbor who was present the whole time for the aftermath was eavesdropping on the various stories told to police by those involved and he felt that somehow the stories did not mesh well. It was his assumption that the men, drunk or drugged, were accosting the women without the intent to rob but that the situation escalated beyond their intention when neighbors came to the women's defense. (It may have taken a long time for the police to arrive, but imagine what they go through on occasions like this when the stories don't match up; just what do we expect of them? Certainly this happens more often than we would like to think.) So I apologize for my poor reporting, but it is probably more than you will get from the Pat-News. No one was seriously hurt in the incident and I am told that the broken window in the door has been repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment