Thursday, August 5, 2010

The groundhog was back under the deck this morning so Bob made another pass with his expensive spray. I don't know why the 'hog wasn't affected. I almost choked and the mist was riding the breeze and caused my eyes to water. One friend says that farmers use lettuce leaves dipped in antifreeze to get rid of the pests. Is that legal, I wonder . . . Don't know why the Patriot-News hasn't reported on the car-jacking, burglaries and muggings that have been taking place in the city. But today the featured crime story was a stolen bike in Uptown Harrisburg; I am sorry for the victim, but where are the other reports? . . . Oops, I forgot. Our newspaper is now in suburbia where such things seldom happen . . . See the Feds are investigating the mayor's "bequest" of several thousand taxpayer dollars to a campaign cohort and a member of her cabinet. This should be interesting . . . The sunflower has sprouted a huge blossom in just a couple of days and last night's rain was enough to bow its head just as we all feared . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment