Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Never EVER leave your keys within JJs reach. He gets an impish pleasure out of setting off car horns . . . Bob re-dressed the front window this afternoon . . . I don't mean to belabor yesterday's post, but it did make me think: in my lifetime there have been devastating wars and technological breakthroughs involving thousands of people, some taking years, and they have changed our lives. Strange then to realize that it was just a couple of "girls" out for a drink who reacted spontaneously and faster than a finger snap set off a chain reaction that changed the world forever. It is a mind-boggling thought . . . I truly feel sorry for those people who parade the streets talking on their cell phones. It is sad to know that they are so lonely that they can't enjoy the quiet of their own company on the short walk from office to home. In my professional heyday I was eager for the moments I would be incommunicado; it was the most refreshing part of the day. Of course, some people merely hope to enhance the appearance of their own importance by chatting loud enough for all to hear; I'm here to tell them that it doesn't work with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment